Avocados are an incredible source of nutrients; they offer our bodies nearly 20 vitamins and minerals in every serving. If you’re not a fan, I promise you will be once you are made aware of how nutritious these funky looking fruits are.
They are full of as much as 20% of our Recommended Daily Values:
- 53% Vitamin
- 41% Folate
- 33% Vitamin C
- 28% Pantothenic Acid
- 28% Potassium
- 26% Vitamin B6
- 21% Vitamin E
- 19% Copper
Here a few more reason to add this delicious green fruits to your diet.
- Avocados contain an antioxidant called glutathione that prevents heart disease, cancer and slows the signs of aging.
- Avocados appear to be helpful in regulating blood sugar levels.
- Avocado help fights inflammation because they contain oleic acid– the monounsaturated fat found in olive oil that’s responsible for much of its healthful properties.
- Avocados can reduce total cholesterol levels significantly, lower blood triglycerides, and lower LDL cholesterol (the bad) while increasing our bodies HDL cholesterol (the good).
- Avocados nutrients include Vitamin K, copper and folate that help build healthy bones.
- Avocados are a great source of the B vitamins, which help our bodies fight off infection.
- Avocados also give us plenty of Vitamin C and E – natural immune boosters.
- Avocados are classified as brain food because they contain about 20% of our RDV of Copper.
Avocados can be eaten in so many different ways from ice cream to your morning bagel spread. When you’re at the grocery this weekend make sure to pick some up; their possibilities are endless.
If our eight reasons haven’t persuaded you to start eating avocado; Head over to Jen Reviews for 14 more reasons Why you should be eating avocado every day. Click here to find out more!
An Avocado a Day Helps to Keep the Doctor Away!