During the winter months, our bodies can feel sluggish and entirely out of whack. Our bodies do not only feel the physical effects, but our minds do too.
One way to boost your energy and kick those winter blues to the curb is to clear your Chakras. Chakra is Sanskrit word that translates to the wheel. This is because the life force, or prana, that moves inside of our bodies is always spinning and rotating. This spinning energy has seven centers in our body, starting at the base of your spine and running all the way up to the top of your head.
When we are balanced & healthy, the seven chakras provide precisely the right amount of energy to every part of our mind, body & spirit. During the winter months, it can be a lot harder to stay balanced and healthy. Below, I will share how to clear one of the most critical Chakras, The Root Chakra.
Let’s Start with the Root Chakra
The Root Chakra is the Color Red:
Its location is at the very base of the spine right near your tailbone. It starts at the tailbone and goes up just below the belly button. It deals with issues of physical survival, safety, and security and is blocked and weakened by fear and insecurity.
When the Root Chakra is unbalanced, you can feel anxious and fearful. Physical symptoms might present as hip pain, lower back pain, digestion issues and even prostate issues in men.
Here are few ways to begin to clear the Root Chakra and bring it back in balance.
- Reconnect to the earth in a physical way. One of my favorite ways to do this is with grounding. Once a day I remove my shoes and socks place my bare feet to the ground and walk. When we ground ourselves, we are connecting electrically with the Earth. ( I plan to talk more about Grounding in a post very soon)
- Seated Pelvic Rotation: Sit down legs crossed, grab your knees with your hands. Slowly rotate your hips and waist in a clockwise circle staying centered and seated. Keep your movement slow and breathe out slowly as you lean forward and breathe in as you rotate back. Go clockwise for 45 seconds then reverse and go counter-clockwise for 45 seconds.
- Diffuse earthly essential oils like patchouli, cedarwood, and sacred sandalwood
- Repeat Root Chakra Affirmations throughout the day; always start with I AM
- I am grounded
- I am safe and supported by the earth
- I am a divine being of light, and I am safe, protected and secure
- I am strong
- I am exactly where I need to be
- Eat foods that heal the root chakra
- Sweet Potato
- Finally, another one of my favorites is to meditate using a root chakra balancing crystals.
- Red Jasper
- Black Tourmaline
Of course, there are several other solutions to help one clear the root chakra; the ones above are what I have found works for me.
When our root chakra is balanced, we feel peace and accomplishment in our lives; deeply connected to the human experience.
If you’re unclear whether you are in need of a root chakra clear ask yourself these questions(answer honestly)
- Do you feel you have all you need to live comfortably?
- Do you have a strong spiritual foundation?
- Do you feel supported in your life?
- Do you feel connected to the earth?
If the answer is no, it might be time to heal your root chakra and get back to center.