Two days ago I started 28 days of Prayer & Fasting with my church group.( I will be sharing more about this soon) We had several types of fasts to choose from and I chose The Daniel Plan it seems to be the most doable for me. I wanted tp find healthy snacks to make and I also needed to find other sources of protein.(The Daniel Diet you must eliminate all animal products, so NO MEAT) I drink an amazing protein shake every morning but I still needed more in my diet. So I went to one of my favorites sources of protein, beans. The family isn’t so happy about but I have stocked up on Beano!
2 15oz cans Organic Chick Peas
2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- Drain and rinse Chickpeas
- Line a large bowl with paper towel and pour rinsed beans in. Allow them to dry for at least 30 minutes
- Once they are drive put in 2 tablespoons of Olive oil, salt cayenne pepper & garlic powder. Stir make sure if chickpea is covered with spices & oil
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place chickpeas on paper. Chickpeas should not be overlapping one another, directly placed on parchment paper.
- Place chickpeas in a cool oven and turn to 400 degrees.
- Roast for 45 minutes. Move the chickpeas around ever 10 minutes
- Remove and place on a cooling rack laying a towel over the chickpeas for 10 minutes.
Place in a serving bowl and serve warm. I like to give them a little mist of olive oil & a sprinkle of salt right before I serve.
This post contains affiliate links. Read our full disclosure here.