Welcome to Day 1 of our Health & Wellness series; we are so happy that you have made the decision join us. Today we are going to go over some of the key components to creating a successful Wellness Program. Our wellness plan will be focusing on three key areas the physical, spiritual, and nutritional.
Let’s get started
- Grab a partner. It is never easy going it alone so this week find a friend, family member or co-worker that would like to work with you on your wellness journey.
- Purchase a journal and write down all of the areas you want to improve.
- Choose four areas that you want to be laser focused. Print them out and tape them up where you can see them every day.
- Clean out your pantry and your refrigerator of all harmful and processed foods.(if you don’t want to throw items out donate what you can) We did this over the weekend our dogs were very pleased with our decision. Brisket for everyone! Remove all temptation.
- Meal plan. We will go over this in future posts but start looking at healthy meals and find one that works for you.
- Establish a reward system for yourself. It is important that you celebrate your successes; most people fail when starting a wellness program because they are utterly miserable when going through the process.
- Find fitness activities that you enjoy! If you’re not a gym rat schedule two 30 minute walks a day.
- Get up and Go To Bed at the same time each day. This will help you sleep better which is essential for optimal health and wellness.
- Be kind to yourself. This a journey, not a sprint; it takes time to repair years of unhealthy habits.
- Finally, HAVE FUN! Get your spouse and kids involved; we have decided to make this a family adventure.
This week is all about prep so take your time and make sure to clearly define your goals.
Before starting any wellness program make sure to consult your doctor.