I know many of us are on a budget; this why we need to prioritize your organic purchases. Below you will find a list of produce that has the highest pesticide residues. If you can’t buy all organic I highly recommend starting with the Dirty Dozen.
- Bell Peppers
- Cherry Tomatoes
More than 98 percent of samples of strawberries, spinach, peaches, nectarines, cherries, and apples tested positive for residue of at least one pesticide. This is after being thoroughly washed.
A single sample of strawberries showed 20 different pesticides.
The spinach that was sampled had, on average, had twice as much pesticide residue by weight than any other crop.
More Reasons to Buy Organic:
- Organically grown foods have more nutrients—vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and micronutrients—than commercially grown foods because the soil is managed and nourished with sustainable practices by responsible standards.
- Organically grown foods generally taste better!
- Avoiding GMO’s(organically grown food cannot be genetically modified in any way)
- Supporting Local Farmers
Making Buying Organic Affordable:
- Nine times out of 10 the organic frozen produce at the store is cheaper than fresh, especially if the fruit or vegetable is out of season.
- Buy fresh vegetables and fruits that are in season.
- Buy local organic produce(freeze extra)
- Shop your weekly Ad’s
- Shop Aldi for Organic Produce
While it’s always best to buy organic, keep this list in mind next time you head to the store and want to get the most bang for your buck!
Stop over at to read their latest article: The Ultimate List of Organic Stores