We are a family that enjoys garlic, and I mean a lot of it! If there is any way to incorporate into a meal we do it and in obnoxious amounts; our dogs are even garlic fanatics. I can say with the utmost confidence we will never have a vampire problem in our home.
Here is why we are so in love with garlic!
Garlic is highly nutritious:
A 1 ounce serving of garlic contains:
- Vitamin B6: 17% of RDA
- Manganese: 23% of the RDA
- Selenium: 6% of RDA
- Vitamin C: 15% of RDA
- Fiber: 0.6 grams
- Small amounts of copper, potassium, iron, phosphorus, B1, and calcium
This amazing stinky bulb carries a little bit of everything our body needs.
Garlic Doesn’t Just Keep the Vampires Away it Combats Sickness and Boosts Our Immune System:
Garlic supplements have been known to increase the function of the immune system. Several studies have found that with high doses of garlic supplementation can reduce common cold and sick days up to 60%.
Garlic Can Improve Cholesterol Level
For those with high cholesterol, garlic supplements appear to reduce total and LDL cholesterol by about 10-15%
Garlic Can Reduce Blood Pressure
One study showed aged garlic extract was just as effective as a standard blood pressure medication at reducing blood pressure over a 24 week period.
Garlic Contains Antioxidants That May Help Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
Garlic contains antioxidants that support the body’s protective mechanisms against oxidative damage. Since garlic is a defense mechanism against the oxidative damage, it protects us from free radicals that contribute to the aging process.
The combined effects of cholesterol and blood pressure reduction, as well as the antioxidant properties, garlic may help prevent common brain diseases like Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Easy Ways to Include Garlic in Your Diet
- One of my favorite ways to take 4 tablespoons of a high-quality Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, dice up fresh garlic and freshly ground pepper in a small saucer and dip hot freshly made bread.
- I also like to roast it and add it to my whole wheat pasta.
- If you don’t want dragon breath then I suggest using BRI Nutrition Odorless Garlic Pure And Potent Garlic Allium Sativum Supplement. We also sprinkle one capsule on our doggies kibble every night too.
- When roasting veggies peel and add whole cloves to your favorite blend. When garlic is roasted it is not as potent; so you could go out on date afterward:)
- Make a house dressing using olive oil, fresh garlic cloves, fresh basil, kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
This post contains affiliate links. Read Our full disclosure here!
The information on Our website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.