Fat Phil comes through again with another college football weekend favorite! Our finger licking wings will make any weekend get-together oh so sweet.
Prep Time: 20 minutes, add another 4 hours for refrigeration time
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 18 wings or our favorite drums
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
For the sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup pistachios finely crushed
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Fill a 6-quart saucepan fitted with a steamer basket with an inch of water. Bring to a boil.
- Place the wings in the steamer basket, cover, reduce heat to medium. Steam the wings for 20 minutes.
- Remove wings from your basket and carefully pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine the rub ingredients.
- In a large bowl, coat wings with the oil, then add the rub and toss to coat well.
- Get out a baking sheet cover with parchment paper place coated wings on a wire rack set the rack on the baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate them for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Get wings to room temperature. Place the baking sheet with wings on the rack directly in the oven.
- Roast wings on the middle rack for 25 minutes. Turn them over and roast until the wings are cooked through, and the skin is brown and cook another 25 minutes.
- If you desire a little extra char turn on the broil for a few minutes (make sure to keep an eye on them)
Now for the sweetness THE SAUCE
- Melt the butter and combine with all other scrumptious ingredients together. Now,drizzle this lovely sweet magic over your HOT crispy wings and serve immediately.
Have plenty of paper towel on hand and your favorite IPA!
This post contains affiliate links read our full disclosure here