In 2017, after years of neglect, I started to rebuild my spiritual foundation. As I constructed my new infrastructure, I knew I needed vital components that would ensure its success. Below, I share a few easy steps to help others create a healthy spiritual foundation.
When an architect designs a high-rise, the most crucial aspect of the building is its foundation; without it, the building will collapse. So before you venture on your spiritual journey, it is essential that you lay down a strong foundation. If you are without this firm spiritual groundwork, you cannot withstand the storms that life may place in front of you. There are many contrasting views on how one might do this, but I would like to share my process with you.
Three essential steps that can help guide you to creating a strong spiritual foundation:
- Set aside daily time to quiet your mind. I get up an hour before the rest of my family and meditate. This quiet time allows for relaxation and introspection.
- Join a small group- We aren’t made to go it alone so don’t! A Connection with others the bedrock of building a strong foundation. In my small group, we share our experiences, the ever-expanding perspective of our spiritual lives, family, the world we live in and how we can be of service to others. This is where the deep work can happen!
- Find a mentor; someone who understands your journey and can assist you in navigating difficult times. Find a mentor that can also pour into you and provide with the direction needed to find what it is you seek.
Lastly, the final piece of your foundation is your heart commitment. If you’re not all in and committed to building a strong foundation, it will eventually crack and disintegrate leaving you with nothing.
So, before you begin: ask yourself these four simple questions:
- How are you laying down a strong foundation?
- Do you have an active support system that you can lean on?
- Have you forgiven yourself and others unconditionally?
- Am I all in?
Even after you construct your solid foundation, there will be times where you will have setbacks. New obstacles will present themselves but by designing this initial infrastructure those moments will no longer feel insurmountable. Our work is never really finished. Blessings to you and your journey!
The information on our website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Andrea holds a BS in Natural Health Sciences(Naturopathy), is a Certified Herbalist, Aromatherapist, and Certified Health & Wellness Coach; she is continually expanding her knowledge in all areas of health and wellness.