In some cases taking care of your spiritual wellness can mean seeking professional help, but it can also mean taking some simple steps to boost our emotional health. By making just a few simple changes, you can improve many aspects of our lives.
Let’s Get Started
1. Exercise- is one of the most efficient ways to improve your emotional health; it can be an immediate mood booster. Regular exercise can have a positive impact many ailments like depression, anxiety, ADHD, and it is also an excellent stress reliever.
2. Sleep- getting enough rest is critical for our mental well-being. Not getting enough sleep can cause irritability, forgetfulness, mood swings and chronic sleep loss can even cause depression. Arianna Huffington wrote a fabulous book on the importance of sleep The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life. “Arianna shows that sleep is not just vital for our health, but also critical to helping us achieve our goals. Sometimes we need to sleep in to lean in!”-Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook COO and author of Lean In\
3. Eating Healthy- if we are not adding the right fuel to our bodies how can we expect them to run properly? A healthy diet is another key component to achieving emotional wellness. Foods like carbohydrates (in limited amounts) increase serotonin, a brain chemical that has a calming effect on your mood. Fruits and vegetables are loaded with nutrients that feed every part of our bodies, including those that affect mood regulation. Foods rich in omega-3 have been found to improve cognitive deficiencies and improve mood.
4. Carve Out Me Time- so many of us are running all day. We NEVER seem to have enough time; especially for ourselves. Well, I am here to tell you that is complete and utter BS; your body and mind NEED time to replenish themselves. If you continue your face paced lifestyle, you will run out of gas and then you will not be much good to your family, your boss, etc. Carve out at least thirty minutes a day to start and gradually work up to sixty minutes.(divide the 60-minutes up if you have to) But shout-down turn off the phone, close the laptop and have the kids take a nap. You will be so much more productive if you care for yourself first.
5. Find Community- relationships are crucial for optimal spiritual wellness. I joined a small group at our church, and it has made such a difference in my emotional wellness. For me to know that at any given moment I can text, call or even meet up for coffee with women who care about my family and me has been a real boost to my emotional wellness! Strong relationships grant us long, healthy, and happy lives. Conversely, the health risks of going it alone in life are comparable to the risks associated high blood pressure, alcohol abuse, and obesity. Surround yourself with good people your health depends on it!
6. Volunteer- our family serves on a weekly basis. The meaning our family finds in helping others has not only enriched our lives, but it has expanded it too. Even though we are assisting others in need, our service helps each of us reduce stress, combat depression, while providing us with a sense of purpose.
7. Get Help If You Need It- Asking for help when you need it is NEVER a sign of weakness it is a sign of STRENGTH. Read that again if you have too!
I will be sharing some of my favorite products that our family uses in all of our upcoming posts. I encourage you to read through the literature on our site.
Bliss has helped me, especially during those special weeks when before Bliss my family would be packing their bags to move out:)
What Makes Bliss Anti-Stress Formula Unique? No matter how well we eat, how often we exercise, or how hard we try to avoid certain situations, we can’t escape stress. Stress affects all of us. It clouds our mind and compromises our judgment. Stress has negative effects on our bodies, from neck and back pain to headaches, to an overall diminished sense of well-being. Feeding your mind and boosting your energy level can do wonders in your quest to look good, feel good and enjoy life. Bliss Anti-Stress Formula promotes relaxation without drowsiness, helps stabilize your mood, and is ideal for any adult individual encountering consistently stressful days or an upcoming stressful event. Bliss Anti-Stress Formula reduces stress but doesn’t make you sleepy. It is specially designed with Siberian Ginseng and Ashwagandha, which have been shown to boost energy and reduce stress. It may help to improve your cognitive performance by increasing your mental clarity. It helps the body adapt to manage stress naturally. Bliss is perfect for those stressful days or situations that you can’t avoid. In addition to reducing stress, it helps to balance your blood sugar and balance your immune system. So relax, enjoy life, and give your body the gift of Bliss! If your wanting Read More about Bliss and it incredible benefits here are a few testimonials click here
I am sure we can add a dozen more ways we can improve our emotional wellness and if you have some suggestions please share them in our comment section.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product(s) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This post contains affiliate links. Read our full disclosure here