Well it’s that time again when Philip & I start a weight loss program. What is going to make this time different; well we plan to follow these 8 Simple Steps to Lose Weight below:
1. Choose a program that works for you! What we mean by that is find a program that is easy to follow, does not require a ton of money & allows you some food freedom . There is nothing worse than being a on a diet and your constantly pissed off because your starving to death! Philip & I chose “Dr. Oz The Day-Off Diet” We find it simply to follow and we really look forward to our one Day Off!
2. Meal Planning we feel is the key to any diets success. Since most diets require you to eat certain foods, calories etc. Take one day and prepare for the coming weeks food. We usually spend our Sunday’s grilling chicken, prepping salads and making snack bags; it’s harder to cheat when you have the right foods at your finger tips.
3. Eliminate red-meat. It will help you lose weight and it will help you save money. Have you seen the cost of beef lately? Holy cow!
4. Drink a ton of water! This helps curb your appetite, detoxifies your body and clears up your skin. We try to drink at least 32 ounces a day.
5. Next find a weight-loss buddy. Philip & I have each other but we also have connected with other “The Day Off Diet” folks online. It’s fun to share our journey with others, share recipes and read about others success while on the diet.
6. Keep track of what you eat. We use My Fitness Pal (thanks Kelley) it’s super easy and it keeps track of everything from fat to protein intake.
7. Exercise a least 30 minutes a day. You can always add more time later but 30 minutes a day is very doable, plus it is a great stress reliever.
8. Be gentle with yourself. Don’t beat yourself up if your one day off turns out to be two days off. Don’t make food your enemy.
Make sure to come back next Monday when we will be sharing some of our favorite exercise programs! We also encourage you to share what has worked for you while on your weight loss journey.
Have a super week and be kind to yourself!!